Hello August! How are we closer to Christmas than not now?! How fast has 2023 flown by…. wow!
Anyway, that aside. With a fresh new month comes the need for fresh new content for your marketing campaigns, digital communications and social media channels… and if you’re looking for some inspiration when it comes to content ideas for August 2023, then you’re in the right place!
We’ve summarised some key events, themes and ideas for your aesthetics, beauty, medical and / or wellness business below… with hashtags and other suggestions to get your creative juices flowing. Thank us later – and be sure to follow our Instagram, for more content ideas and marketing tips!
August 2023 Overview.
- Psoriasis Awareness / Psoriasis Action Month 2023 – August is Psoriasis Awareness Month. This is a great opportunity to talk more about this common skin complaint; educating your followers on its causes / triggers, raising awareness of the symptoms and talking about your skincare & treatment recommendations to improve & reduce its impact on sufferers’ lives
- National Hair Loss Awareness Month – if you offer hair restoration treatments, this month is the perfect time to talk more about them! Showcase before and afters, patient testimonials, talk about the causes of hair loss, misconceptions / myths about hair loss, raise awareness & decrease historical stigma and shame in talking about this common condition | #HairLossAwarenessMonth
- National Anti-Frizz Month – if you offer hair restoring treatments (such as PRP or Hydrafacial’s Keravive) you could use this opportunity to talk about other ways to keep your hair healthy & smooth – even including ingredients, dietary tips and lifestyle hacks to optimise the health of your tresses | #AntiFrizzMonth #NationalAntiFrizzMonth
- National Wellness Month – an opportunity to talk about looking at aesthetic treatments more holistically – addressing problems as a whole, identifying root causes and health issues, and taking into account mental health. Also a chance to talk about selfcare and its important on your overall wellbeing / health | #NationalWellnessMonth
National Immunization Awareness Month | NationalImmunizationAwarenessMonth
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy Awareness Month | #CureSMA
- National Peach Month – the benefits of peaches for our health / skin, and how they’re used in skincare products | #NationalPeachMonth
- National Water Quality Month – the impact of water on the skin… from showering in poor quality water, to consuming it… what affect does it have and what can we do?
August Awareness Days:
- August 1st is World Lung Cancer Day – an opportunity to talk about symptoms & raise awareness | #WorldLungCancerDay
- August 3rd is National Watermelon Day – what benefits do watermelons have for our health, bodies and skin? How can watermelon be used in skincare / DIY face masks / our diets to boost skin health? | #WatermelonDay #NationalWatermelonDay
- August 4th is International Beer Day – an opportunity to talk about the impact of alcohol on our skin and health. Beer Day could also be a link to talk about the recent, dangerous TikTok trend of tanning with beer to develop a darker glow | #InternationalBeerDay (August 5th is #InternationalHangoverDay, to follow-up the day prior!)
- August 5th is National Oyster Day – Oysters are rich in zinc, calcium, iron, selenium, vitamin A, and vitamin B12. As oysters supply a high amount of vitamins B12 and A, they may benefit heart and brain health – as well as your skin! An opportunity to talk about how oysters in your diet – and in skincare, may benefit you | #NationalOysterDay
- August 5th is also National Mustard Day – does mustard get used in skincare? Does it benefit us in any interesting ways – be that in diet, skincare products etc? | #NationalMustardDay
- August 5th is Blogger Day – which could be a fun opportunity to shout out and show some love to some of your favourite bloggers, especially if you collab / work with any | #BloggerDay
- August 6th is National Fresh Breath Day – perfect to talk all things oral health, if you’re a dentist! | #NationalFreshBreathDay #FreshBreathDay
- August 9th is National Women’s Day | #NationalWomensDay #WomensDay
- August 9th is Melon Day – what benefits does melon have on our health, bodies and skin? How can melon be used in skincare / DIY face masks / our diets to boost skin health? | #MelonDay
- August 10th is National Shapewear Day – an opportunity to talk about different body sculpting, contouring and slimming / fat loss treatments to help you feel comfortable in your own skin and leave shape wear at home | #NationalShapewearDay
- August 14th is National Tattoo Removal Day – if you offer laser tattoo removal in your clinic (be this tattoos, or the removal of semi permanent makeup, eyebrow tattoos etc) today is a great day to shout about your technology… what it can treat, how it works and to showcase your client results / before & afters | #NationalTattooRemovalDay #TattooRemovalDay
- August 15th is National Relaxation Day – a great time to talk about the importance of self-care, rest and relaxation on your mental and physical health; as well as for your skin and appearance | #NationalRelaxationDay
- August 4th is National White Wine Day | #NationalWhiteWineDay
- August 13th is National Prosecco Day | #NationalProseccoDay
- August 16th is National Rum Day | #NationalRumDay
- August 18th is National Pinot Noir Day | #NationalPinotNoirDay
- August 25th is Whiskey Sour Day | #NationalWhiskeySourDay
- August 28th is National Red Wine Day | #NationalRedWineDay
All of the above awareness days can be tied into ‘effects of alcohol on the skin’ / hangover skin type content
- August 19th is National Potato Day – another opportunity to talk about diet, nutrition and potatoes in skincare | #NationalPotatoDay
- August 22nd is World Plant Milk Day – are there health and / or skin benefits to cows milk alternatives? Soy, almond, coconut? Plant milk also contains more vitamin D than plants milk; essential for healthy bones | #WorldPlantMilkDay
- August 22nd is National Surgical Oncologist Day – Recognising and celebrating cancer surgeons & their life-saving work | #SurgicalOncologistDay
- August 22nd is also National Tooth Fairy Day – which could be a fun event to mark as part of your marketing / social media campaigns, if you’re a dentist! | #ToothFairyDay
- August 26th is National Get Checked Day – an annual event created to remind and encourage women (and men) to get checked / screened for breast cancer – and to talk about symptoms to look out for / how to check your own breasts | #NationalGotCheckedDay #GotChecked
- August 26th is also National Women’s Equality Day | #WomensEqualityDay
- August 27th is Banana Lovers’ Day – what benefits do bananas have for our health, bodies and skin? How can bananas be used in skincare / diets to boost skin health? | #BananaLoversDay #NationalBananaLoversDay
- August 29th is National Lemon Juice Day – what benefits do lemons / lemon juice have for our health, bodies and skin? How can lemon juice be used in skincare / DIY face masks / our diets to boost skin health? | #NationalLemonJuiceDay
- August 1-7th Cleanse Your Skin Week – National Cleanse Your Skin Week is a great opportunity to showcase your skincare expertise… talking about the products you love to use, products you sell, the importance of thoroughly cleansing your skin, ingredients to look out for (and avoid.) This week focusses on promoting the idea of having a proper, bespoke skincare regime you should follow all year round…. Especially in the lead-up to the seasons changing #NationalCleanseYourSkinWeek
- August 1-7th World Breastfeeding Week | #WorldBreastfeedingWeek #BreastfeedingWeek
Did you find this post helpful? Will you be using any of these ideas in your content strategy for August?