Hello May… a busy one, full of Bank Holidays and Spring vibes!
With a fresh new month comes the need for fresh new content for your marketing campaigns, digital communications and social media channels… and if you’re looking for some inspiration when it comes to fresh May content ideas, then you’re in the right place!
We’ve summarised some key events, themes and ideas for your aesthetics, beauty, medical and / or wellness business below… with hashtags and other suggestions to get your creative juices flowing. Thank us later – and be sure to follow our Instagram, for more content ideas and marketing tips!
May 2023 Overview:
- National Walking Month 2023 – if you offer health, weight-loss, holistic or nutrition / fitness services or treatments, this could be a great opportunity to talk about the benefits walking more has on our health
- Maternal Mental Health Month 2023 – a great opportunity to talk about mental health before, during and after pregnancy; including topics such as hormones, body changes, postpartum depression etc
- On that note, May is also National Mental Health Awareness Month; a great opportunity to talk about mental health issues, awareness and support available via your platform. How do you support patients with their mental health? Do you do screenings to assess their suitability ahead of treatments? Do treatments improve patients’ quality of life and mental health? | #MentalHealthMonth
- National Smile Month 2023 – a great one for dentists! An opportunity to talk about oral health, whiter smiles and healthy teeth. Also great for treatments that work to enhance the smile – aside from teeth, this could be lip fillers, gummy smile treatments etc… or perhaps just using the angle that treatments with you makes your patients smile with happiness & renewed self-confidence!
- On that note, May is also National Dental Care Month!
- National Stroke Awareness Month – do you know the symptoms of a stroke? | #StrokeAwarenessMonth
- Skin Cancer Awareness Month / Melanoma Awareness Month – an annual awareness event perfect for dermatologists & skin experts. Signs to look out for, how to keep your skin safe, the importance of wearing SPF daily etc | #SkinCancerAwarenessMonth #MelanomaAwarenessMonth
- Women’s Health Month – do you offer women’s wellness treatments? Or do you specialise in women’s health, pregnancy, peri/menopause? Now’s a great time to showcase your knowledge, whilst educating others via your platform
- Bladder Cancer Awareness Month
- Prader-Willi Syndrome Awareness Month
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Awareness Month | #EhlersDanlosAwareness, #DazzleTogether, #EhlersDanlosSociety, #ZebraStrong
- National Lyme Disease Awareness Month – Justin Bieber has Lyme Disease, but what is it? | #LymeDiseaseAwarenessMonth
- Lupus Awareness Month
- National Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month | #CFAwarenessMonth
- ALS Awareness Month | #ALSAwarenessMonth
- Celiac Disease Awareness Month | #CeliacAwarenessMonth
- 5th May – International Midwives’ Day – Are you a midwife, or do you know some amazing midwives who deserve recognition for their work? Today’s a great day to talk about the role of midwives & everything they do | #IDM #Midwives
- 6th May – National Nurses Day – Are you a nurse? Are there nurses in your team? Now’s the perfect time to show some love for nurses and everything they do | #NationalNursesDay
- 6th May – National Fitness Day – if you offer health, weight-loss or nutrition / fitness services or treatments, this could be a great opportunity to talk fitness!
- 6th May – King’s Coronation
- 7th May – National Bladder Cancer Awareness Day
- 8th May – World Ovarian Cancer Day | #WorldOvarianCancerDay
- 8th May – National Women’s Checkup Day – A day to encourage open conversations and to discuss women’s health issues | #WomensCheckupDay
- 10th May – World Lupus Day | #worldlupusday
- 10th May – National Receptionists’ Day – does your clinic have a receptionist or front of house team? Today’s a great day to thank them and recognise everything they do |#NationalReceptionistsDay
- 12th May – International ME/CFS Awareness Day | #InternationalMECFSAwarenessDay
- 12th May – International Nurses Day (IND) – Another opportunity to celebrate nurses! | #InternationalNursesDay or #VoiceToLead
- 12th May – National Fibromyalgia Awareness Day | #FibromyalgiaAwarenessDay
- 12th May – National Hospital Day
- 12th May – National Tampon Day – Do you offer women’s health treatments? Are you a gynae? Now’s a great day to talk about periods, menstruation and to raise awareness of period poverty
- 17th May – Turn Beauty Inside Out Day – today is “aimed at motivating women and young girls to appreciate their individualism and unique qualities and traits, and not to be swayed by the media on how a woman’s beauty should be measured”
- 21st May – Eat More Fruits and Vegetables Day – if you offer health, weight-loss or nutrition / fitness services or treatments, this could be a great opportunity to talk about the benefits of eating more fruit and veg – on our health, waistlines and skin
- 21st May – International Tea Day – A great opportunity to talk about the health benefits of tea – both in our diets, and in skincare (antioxidant qualities)
- 22nd May – National Boss Babes Day – a great opportunity to celebrate strong, powerful women! Do you know a boss babe?
- 22nd May – World Preeclampsia Day
- 23rd May – World Crohn’s and Colitis Day #WorldCrohnsAndColitisDay
- 25th May – World Thyroid Day #WorldThyroidDay
- 25th May – International Skin Pigmentation Day – A great opportunity to talk about skin and hyperpigmentation – what causes this common condition, how can we prevent it and what treatments / skincare do you offer to treat it?
- 27th May – National Sunscreen Day / Sunscreen Protection Day – SPF is your BFF! Another great opportunity to talk about skin, sun safety, sun damage and SPF!
- 25th May – National Wine Day – there’s a few drink themed days in May (see also National Beverages day, National Cosmopolitan Day) which may be an opportunity to discuss the impact of alcohol on the skin, and skin hangovers
- 28th May – International Day of Action for Women’s Health / International Women’s Health Day – a great opportunity to talk about women’s health issues and treatments that can help alleviate them
- 29th May – World Digestive Health Day
- 30th May – World Multiple Sclerosis Day | #WorldMultipleSclerosisDay
- 31st May – National Smile Day – a great one for dentists! An opportunity to talk about oral health, whiter smiles and healthy teeth. Also great for treatments that work to enhance the smile – aside from teeth, this could be lip fillers, gummy smile treatments etc… or perhaps just using the angle that treatments with you makes your patients smile with happiness & renewed self-confidence! | #NationalSmileDay
- Nurses Week, May 6-12th – Are you a nurse? Are there nurses in your team? Now’s the perfect time to show some love for nurses and everything they do | #NationalNursesWeek
- National Hospital Week, first week in May – #NationalHospitalWeek
- National EMSculpt Week, week of May 20th – Do you offer this treatment, or other BTL treatments, in clinic? Now’s the perfect time to shout about it! | #EMSCULPTWeek
- National Safe Sun Week – 22-28th May – It’s time to talk SPF, skin and staying safe / hydrated in the sun
Did you find this post helpful? Will you be using any of these ideas in your content strategy for May?